/PCB Prototyping Neutral Monument Improvement Suggestions
1. Process or design aspects
(1) Select a wider chip component (the size of the plating along the length of the component, the width of the non-package).
(2) Appropriate spacing is used between the two pads of the chip component.
(3) The extension of the pad beyond the terminal of the chip component is appropriate. Round pads eliminate stand-ups more than rectangular or square pads.
(4) reduce the width of the solder pcb pad
(5) Minimize the uneven distribution of heat, including the connection of the pads to the heat sink.
(6) Minimize shadow effects by proper PCB design and reflow method selection.
(7) An organic solderability protectant (OSP) or a Ni/Au coating, a Sn coating is used on the copper pad instead of the Sn-Pb coating.
(8) Reduce the contamination and oxidation level of the metal layer of the component terminal or the metal layer of the PCB pad. (9) Print thickness using a thin solder paste.
(10) Improve the accuracy of component placement.
(11) A slower heating rate is used for reflow. Avoid using a gas phase reflow method.
(12) A relatively slow heating rate is used above the solder melting temperature.
2. Material aspects
(1) Flux using a slower wetting rate.
(2) Flux using a slower outgassing rate.
(3) Use a time-melted solder paste, such as a mixture of tin powder and lead powder or a wide paste alloy
Pcb prototypes samples need to be aged prior to solderability testing. Because the solderable surface of the component or PCB circuit board that has just been produced is generally not problematic, it will deteriorate due to oxidation after being stored for a period of time. The test must conside...
During the manufacturing process of the circuit board, the temperature setting of the reflow oven determines the temperature resistance and soldering effect of the components. Sometimes it is not possible to debug as request when debugging the temperature curve. This is because for a specific pac...
The choice of wave soldering machine should be based on process requirements and process characteristics of PCB manufacturing. For example, if the the product output is large, it is necessary to consider the use of a long preheating zone; if the surface treatment of the PCB is OSP, a wave solderi...